Waxing Dos & Don'ts
- Do grow your hair a minimum of 3 weeks for the best results.
- Do wait at least 24 hours to get waxed if you have been tanning in a booth or in the sun.
- Do not wax any body part if you are currently taking Accutane.
- o wait at least 6 months after you have stopped taking Accutane to get waxed.
- Do stop using Retin-A for at least 7 days before waxing and do wait at least 3 days before you resume your use of retin-a post waxing.
- Do wait at least 7 days before and after you receive a mild chemical exfoliation and one month after a medical grade chemical peel before waxing the face.
- Do wait 7 days after receiving Botox or filler injections to get that area waxed.
- Do not get waxed if you are currently getting chemotherapy or radiation for cancer.
- Do not get leg waxing if you have varicose veins.
- Do not wax if you have lupus or AIDS.
If you are pregnant, take birth control pills or are on antibiotics your skin may be extra sensitive.
Helpful Hints to Make Your Waxing Experience as Pleasant as Possible
- Do seek an experienced professional. The appropriate wax and technique will be used for each area. This can make all the difference and give you a more comfortable experience with great results.
- You may apply a numbing spray or cream 30 minutes prior to appointment (No Scream Cream is available here).
- To open hair follicles you may apply a warm compress prior to waxing. This will allow the hair follicles to come out more easily.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for at least 2 hours prior to waxing. This can make your skin extra sensitive.
- Try not to tense up or hold your breath when getting waxed. A relaxed person can cope much better with the discomfort.
- For women: do try to avoid waxing right before your period as this will make you extra sensitive.
- For bikini waxing: do not use any lotions in this area and make sure the hair growth is at least 1/4 of an inch. Let the professional trim the hair down to the right length so as to avoid having the hair be too short or you potentially cutting yourself.
After Waxing Protocol
- Do wear a minimum SPF 30 broad-spectrum sunscreen immediately after waxing on exposed areas to avoid hyperpigmentation (and continue to wear daily thereafter).
- No tanning beds, hot baths, saunas or steam rooms for the next 2 days.
Brazilian & Bikini Wax
- Keep exercise to a minimum for the next 24 hours. Perspiration may irritate the area just waxed.
- Do gently exfoliate with a scrub, dry brush or an AHA/BHA product (Get The Bump Out Of Here is available here) to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Don't wear tight undergarments for the next 2 days.
- Do not go into a chlorinated pool for 24 hours.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 414-469-7260.